QUICK AND EASY BEST APPETIZERS RECIPE
Savory Potato Skins
〉The Best Potato Recipe from Every State〈
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- one teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Sour cream and chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a greased baking sheet; bake until tender, 1-1-1/4 hours. Cool slightly.
- Cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells (save pulp for another use).
- Cut each half shell lengthwise into quarters; return to baking sheet. Brush insides with butter. Mix seasonings; sprinkle over butter.
- Broil 4-5 in. from heat until golden brown, 5-8 minutes. If desired, mix sour cream and chives and serve with potato skins.
- QUICK AND EASY BEST APPETIZERS RECIPE
1 piece: 56 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Apple and Peanut Butter Donuts Sandwich
- 2 medium apples
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- Optional fillings: granola, miniature semisweet chocolate chips and M&M’s minis
- Core apples. Cut each apple crosswise into six slices. Spread peanut butter over six slices; sprinkle with fillings of your choice.
- Top with remaining apple slices.
Sweet Sausage Rolls
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 24 miniature smoked sausage links
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles; cut each lengthwise into three triangles. Place sausages on wide end of triangles; roll up tightly.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in an 11×7-in. baking dish. Arrange sausage rolls, seam side down, in butter mixture.
Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
1 appetizer: 128 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Two Bites Pizza Roll-Ups
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat.
Add the tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and oregano. (QUICK AND EASY BEST APPETIZERS RECIPE)
- Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles, pinching seams together. Place about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture along one long side of each rectangle.
Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut each roll into three pieces.
- Place, seam side down, 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
QUICK AND EASY BEST APPETIZERS RECIPE
2 each: 122 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- one tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1(one) teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 – teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- teaspoon onion powder
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the two wing joints; discard wing tips. Place wings in a large bowl; add vinegar and water.
Refrigerate, covered, 45 minutes. Drain and rinse, discarding vinegar mixture. Combine flour and seasonings; add chicken, tossing to coat.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a deep skillet, heat 1 in. oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels; cool 10 minutes. (QUICK AND EASY BEST APPETIZERS RECIPE)
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir barbecue sauces,
honey and jalapeno. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, to allow flavors to blend, 10-15 minutes.
- Dip wings in sauce; place on greased foil-lined baking pans. Bake until glazed, about 10 minutes.
2 pieces : 317 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Mini Zucchini Pizzas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 large zucchini (about 11 ounces), cut diagonally into 1/4 inch-slices
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup miniature pepperoni slices
- Minced fresh basil
- Preheat broiler. Arrange zucchini in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat just until crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt and pepper; top with sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Broil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with basil.
1 appetizer: 29 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2-1/4 pounds), cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss cauliflower with oil; spread in a 15x10x1-in. pan. Roast until tender and lightly browned, 20-25 minutes,
- Transfer to a bowl; toss with wing sauce. Serve with dressing.
1/3 cup: 39 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.